According to Mark Roemer Oakland, when you want to get a garage door installed you may be looking through several companies. However, picking the right one can be tricky. Let’s check out how you can choose the right garage door installation company:
- Testimonials and Reviews – Online and offline reputation is key when you choose a garage door installation company. When you go through the companies look up their Google My Business listing and check the reviews. Keep high average ratings as your standard so that you can cherry-pick the best among the best. A couple of negative ratings is ok, and it also authenticates the company. There’s something fishy going on if the company has no negative ratings.
- Check the service range – When you’re looking for a garage door installation company you need to determine their local service range. You don’t want too large companies that have a vast service range. Their wide list of clients may not allow them to be as attentive and thorough with your garage. You don’t want it to be too narrow either. That suggests that the company is too small and lacks experience.
- Check certifications – A company’s certifications and memberships with reputed institutions are stamps of quality and identity. First of all, you need to check for their International Door Association Membership. The organization has everyone from dealers, branches, manufacturers, and suppliers to service technicians and they have to follow the IDA Code of Business Conduct.
The code tenants work in the interest of the customers so that they get a satisfying service. You can also check for their manufacturer certification and authorization. It shows the company will install the door correctly and will help smooth the facilitation of warranty claims.
- Insurance – Don’t forget to ask for proof of insurance whenever you’re dealing with a garage door installation company. Legal regulations require garage door installation companies to have insurance so that you are protected and reimbursed for damages if something goes wrong.
- Look for guarantees and warranties – The best contractors in the business always stand behind their sourced product and their own service. They won’t have any problem providing you with a few years of warranty on your garage door. A garage door is a big investment, and a generous warranty period gives you peace of mind.
- Compare quotes – At the end, you’ll have a curated list of garage door installation companies and their quotes. Compare those quotes thoroughly to get the best deal. The cheapest price may not be the best deal. A company with a higher quote may be offering you more services like emergency aid if a garage door breaks.
Mark Roemer Oakland suggests that you go through the certifications, testimonials, and reviews and use all the above-mentioned tips to choose the right garage door installation company. It’s best to start with a list of garage door manufacturer-approved companies so that you can breeze through the warranty claim process if anything goes wrong.